Over next three weeks, lets daily do 3 sets of 33 squats. Even 3 sets of 11 will be good enough to start with. The focus is on technique. Here is how you get started. Remember to take a selfie of your quadriceps and then compare them with a selfie 33 days later. No more pencil legs.
- Stand with your toes behind a line on the floor.
- Put a chair / stool 6-9 inch behind you.
- Stand tall with your hands out-stretched.
- Have your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your feet parallel to each other.
- Look straight ahead (unlike what I do in the video, I look down).
- While squatting down, don't arch your back.
- When you squat down, don't let your knees cross the line in front of the toes.
- The trick is to stick your butt further back such that when you squat, your butt touches the chair / stool behind you (further lower than in the photo above).
- Squat down over 3-4 seconds, as soon as your butt touches the chair / squat, come back up over 3-4 seconds.
- Avoid any jerky movements and focus on technique of each repetition.
- As soon as the form seems to be getting compromised, stop.
- Maybe start with 3 sets of 11 if 33 seem too many right now.
- Over next 1-2 weeks, build it up to 3 sets of 33. Trust me, it'll happen.
- Look at increasing the range once you can do 3 sets of 33 squats 3 times a day.
Enough theory. Let's get started. One rep at a time.
Keep miling and smiling. In the long run, that's all that matters.
2018 CBSE results show that enormous number of students have scored above 90%. Good for them for having worked so hard. But are we giving them a false sense of over-achievement, soon followed by sense-of-entitlement. If they think there is no room for improvement, they stop improving.
Failure is the biggest teacher. It is inevitable you are going to face it in life. How you tackle being in the dumps and then bouncing back is what shows your true character.
Today the ‘so-sigh-tea’ aka ‘society’ will judge all the kids whose CBSE results came out earlier today based on the percentage marks they got. That’s pretty SAD & MAD. This is for all the kids out there...
With all due respect to all the phenomenal coaches who make runners training for sub 2hr 30min half marathon (21 kms) do sprints during training, if I get to know about you, I'm going to...
Smith & Warner no doubt are great players but they were reported for ball tampering also in 2016 during a domestic match by their own umpires to their own referee. Winning at any cost is a very sad precedence being set in all sports by the role models in sports today.
Cell is a basic unit of life. Some organisms have only one cell, whereas others could have trillions of cells. 'Nucleus' is the one 'literally' at the centre of each of those cells. The driving 'force'.
We have further played with the word 'nucleus' for something we really stand for and believe in, 'NukeLeeUs'. It's taken me over 33 years of practicing what I preach here, it simply isn't a theory.
Last week I came a cross an amazing but sad piece piece by Ted Jackson on the underbelly of elite-sports no one wants to speak about. Very similar to medals being chased in elite sports, similar things are now happening in amateur runners. Aman Yadav has put something down that'll not make for comfortable reading. It might make you angry. You might get frustrated. That's ok. At least it might make you introspect.
Now we are on to week 2 of Nuke-Lee-Us exercise program. We'll work with baby steps and not try to rush.
Over the weekend I met Mr. Raman Bajaj, CEO - Educomp Childcare Pvt Ltd. He made a very interesting remark on the importance of sports for a student while discussing education, sports and my passion for fitness.
पहले हफ्ते का उद्देश्य सभी के लिए एक ठोस आधार बनाना है I
I have come up with a very simple exercise program that can be done by anyone, anywhere. It’ll take you less than 5 minutes to do it, but by the end of 2018, you would have become super fit, someone you’ll be proud to know.
What if these weekly progressive exercises could help you do one-hand-pushs, single leg squats and super comfortable pull-ups along with running 5 kms non-stop by the end of the year? We’ll together get there.