Salutations too all the residents of the third rock.
Tomorrow is the 8th of May 2016. I am no Ramanajun, but I do find that date interesting.
- When number 8 is horizontal, it becomes infinity. It also becomes a butt. Putting these thoughts together, it is an arse that hasn't moved enough for infinity. Soon enough the whole of you becomes just that, an arse.
- May Day is an emergency procedure word used internationally as a distress signal in voice procedure radio communications, used to signal a life-threatening emergency. It is proposed from the French word "m'aider", a shortened version of "venez m'aider" (meaning "come and help me"). Before the voice call "Mayday", SOS was the Morse code equivalent of the Mayday call.
- Here we have the whole month, the month of May, yelling out for help, giving out a distress call, yet again. It's high time to get started, to get vertical, to become more erect and aware of the world around you. To get up on your own two feet. And move. Just a bit. A bit more than yesterday. There is no rat race. Numbers don't matter. You do. If you want to count something, make yourself count.
- The call is always given three times in a row ("Mayday Mayday Mayday") to prevent its being mistaken for some similar-sounding phrase under noisy conditions, and to distinguish an actual Mayday call from a message about a Mayday call. (source: Wikipedia)
- The exercises I would suggest, please do three sets of them. This will help prevent your body from mistaking it as a random act.
Spread this madness to friends and foes too. It'll be the biggest gift you'll give to yourselves or to them. I will start sharing a daily plan to get you moving. It'll involve some crawl-walk-run, some strengthening exercise and some stretches too. We'll do it step by step. Easy peasy.
We so far got 100 cities joining us in GOYA Move-Mint. I am not bothered about numbers. If I could have even helped one of you, I would have been happy enough. You have the same objective, start with one. Even if it stays with one it's fine. But make that one move. More will automatically follow.
What to do?
- Crawl-Walk-Run for 8 km. Get that horizontal 8 of yours to be vertical 8. It can be as slow as it would be. Don't rush. It isn't a rat race.
- If you already run or walk that distance, do multiples of 8, could be 16, 24, 32, 40 kms etc.
- Do three exercises and do three sets of them. I suggest push ups, sit ups and squats.
Now get off your posterior and start moving. Start with this...
Or you might want to 'Move it'.
Awesome, even if you haven't got off your chair yet, at least you read this whole piece. :)
Keep miling and smiling.